Move Forward In Your Calling

Do you want to do great things for God, but don’t know where to start? I know I feel like that regularly. We see countless preachers with huge churches and worldwide ministries. We love God and feel His calling. But we don’t find anything to do, no outlet for our gifts.

I just want to encourage you that God sees your faith and desire. God knows how you want to serve Him, in fact, God gave you that want. Jeremiah says God knows the plans He has for us. Ephesians says that God created us and planned specific good works for us to do.

Don’t give up hope. Just continually be faithful in what you have to do today. I know it can be hard, especially when it doesn’t look like much. This blog doesn’t have many subscribers, but I know God wants me to write here. If I’m not faithful in this little thing, how can I expect God to put me in charge of big things? If I’m not faithful to work on my own spiritual life, why would God put me in position to help the spiritual lives of others?

I know waiting on God can be hard? I know it’s hard to watch others minister when you know God has placed a powerful gifting inside you. But you can’t give up now. You can’t get discouraged, jealous or offended. It’s o.k. if no one else recognizes your gift or gives you an opportunity. You don’t want to serve them anyway. You want to serve God.

Here’s a great thought – God knows every single person on the planet, the gifts He’s given them, and whether they want to serve Him. God is thinking about you and considering your desire right now. God loves you and wants you to fulfill your calling more than you could ever imagine. Just be faithful, loving and patient.

Whatever you know God wants you to do, keep doing it passionately and faithfully. That is the secret to getting more opportunities from God, the seed you must sow for the harvest of greater works. Does God want you to witness to that friend? Do it and God will show you another. Does God want you to wake up and pray? Do it and see your life completely improved. What is God asking you to do? Obedience is always the required action to take the next step with God.

Go ahead and make a list of everything God has told you to do. Let’s commit to doing them together. Let’s agree that we are going to do everything we can to work out our salvation and fulfill our callings.

Here’s a list of some things God wants me to do:
•Wake up early each morning and spend time with Him.
•Be an increasingly loving husband.
•Don’t drink coffee or tea.
•Eat less red meat.
•Exercise.
•Blog, Facebook, and Twitter for Exploits for God.

Those are the first ones that come to mind. Your list may be very different. God may not care if you drink coffee all day long, that’s just what God told me. But I’m going to commit right now to working harder than ever on those issues, and any others God brings to mind.

What would happen if we all got super diligent about doing exactly those things God has told us to do? Forget every other issue for a moment. What if you made those the central goals of your life? I believe our lives would open up to God’s will like never before.

I’d love for you to join this with me. It’s time we all rise and shine. It’s time we all start doing exploits for God. Tell us what God has instructed you to do. Commit to working on it with all your might. Let’s get going. Our faithfulness in the little we have before us is the key to moving ahead in our full callings in Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Love Revolution

Looking At What Can't Be Seen

Integrating Your Christianity and Secular Personal Growth