Seize Your Days

Lately we've been discussing work and money, and I sense a greater need than ever to hear clearly from God about my work and do whatever He says to do. So I've been meditating a lot of verses about work and God's provision. I also haven't been exactly slammed with work lately, which can bring about certain fears.

But the question isn't whether God will provide, His Word promises He will. The question is how should I spend my time. Whether you are self employed or not, you have time management questions that must be resolved with God's assistance. Right this second, there are a variety of things I could do, but I know God wants me to diligently work on this blog, so here we are. What has God spoken to you about doing? Are you doing it?

I don't mind being open about my schedule with you. God says that I must wake up early and spend time with Him. God says that I must be loving and patient with my family, and make time for them. God says that I should exercise (o.k. haven't started yet). God says that I should work on this blog. And in the evenings I should read books about Him by anointed teachers. Now I have a variety of clients with legal issues, and I work very hard for them. God doesn't tell me to do that specifically, but I know that I should (God doesn't need to tell me). But other than specific actions from time to time, God hasn't told me to do anything else.

Think about all the other things I could be doing. Perhaps I should be going to more church services, feeding the poor, or doing a variety of other things that would seem Godly. But God hasn't said to do those, (even though I would feel so much better about myself if I was doing something for those in need, notice that doesn't mean it would be of God). God has said to do what I've listed above, now I must do those things. There are so many distractions. There are so many opportunities that seem good. But I must constantly remember, "There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." (Proverbs 14:12)

That's a great verse to remember, especially when considering your options in life. God will show you what to do with your time, all you have to do is ask. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6) That verse has been the foundation of my life, or at least a major part of it. I seek God about everything, constantly looking for His direction.

Once we have his direction, it's time to take it. Spend time with God in meditation and prayer, and He will show you how to spend your time. I encourage you to list those things you know God wants you to do. Then list those things you do that aren't on the first list. Is there interference between the activities? Perhaps you need to remove some items from your second list. Television is on my second list. If I'm going to exercise and read spiritual books, television time must be reduced. That's how it works folks.

Soon your entire life will be comprised of actions on the first list, things you absolutely know God wants you to do, and there is nothing wrong with that! When you remove the excess you free up time. Or you can reallocate time. One way or another God will fill your time with Godly activities (just because it doesn't have a Christian label doesn't mean it's not Godly). When your time is filled with Godly action you awake each day with drive and purpose, knowing that you are living for God. You go to sleep each night with rest and a sense of accomplishment, knowing that you did exactly what you were supposed to that day.

That is how we seize the day my friends. I'm as big a culprit of this as anyone, but we don't seize the day by watching mindless TV or sleeping in. We seize the day, and ultimately our lives, by allowing God to guide us and direct us in everything we do. This is a major key to fulfillment, rest and personal peace while you are walking with God in this life. "O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps."(Jeremiah 10:23)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Love Revolution

Looking At What Can't Be Seen

Integrating Your Christianity and Secular Personal Growth