You Are A Champion

Some time ago I was listening to Christian radio and the speaker talked about Caleb in Joshua Chapter 14.  You'll remember that Caleb and Joshua were the two spies of the Promised Land who brought back a good report of the land.  They were the only two men from that generation who lived to see the land.  After some time, Caleb came to Joshua to claim his portion of the land and this is what he said:

"Now therefore give me this mountain, whereof the Lord spake in that day; for thou heard in that day how the Anakims (giants) were there, and that the cities were great and fenced: if so be the Lord will be with me, then I shall be able to drive them out, as the Lord said."  (Joshua 14:12)

The speaker paraphrased Caleb's statement this way, "give me the mountain, where the giants dwell."  Caleb was ready to claim what God had promised him some forty years before.  Caleb was full of faith and Caleb knew that if God was for him then no man could stand against him.  He didn't want the easy land, he wanted the specific land God promised.  He was ready to take the hard land.

Later that night I was walking my dog and God spoke to me.  He showed me that I was faithless.  I haven't always been that way and that statement may surprise some of you who know me.  But it was true.  Somehow, despite living in great times of prosperity, despite living with the greatest examples of God's love and grace (my wife and children) and despite seeing God doing miraculous things in my life, I had grown faithless.  I would love to tell you that God spoke gently and comforted me, but I was rebuked, and I couldn't argue.

Let me show you why I was rebuked.  Let me show you why I am an overcomer (and should act like it) and you are too.  As Caleb knew, it's not me or my strength, it's God.  I don't care what you are facing, you can say like Caleb did when he first saw the land, "Let us go up at once, and possess it, for we are well able to overcome it."

You can do anything and everything that God wants you to do.  You can overcome any obstacle that is put in your way.  You can defeat any enemy.  You can break any barrier.  You can obtain any promise.  You can show this world what God's strength and power look like.  You are a champion, a king, the child of the Most High God.  You are full of God's wisdom.  You are full of God's love.  You are anointed with God's Spirit and power. Nothing can stop you.  Nothing can defeat you.  You have everything you will ever need and more to live as God's champion on the earth, going forth to further His kingdom in your life and the lives of others.

I know we don't always feel this way.  I know it's hard when we look at our natural circumstances.  But it's time that we arise and shine.  It's time that we live in the reality of our redemption and anointing.  It's time that we stand up and overcome.  Forget what you've heard that has condemned you.  Forget the circumstances that have crushed your hope, your belief and your faith.  I am telling you Biblical truth and you must let the Word of God replace anything in your mind that keeps you from living the results of God's championship victory over sin and the devil.

"In all things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us."  (Romans 8:37)

"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me."  (Philippians 4:13)

"Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world." (1 John 4:4)

"With God all things are possible."  (Matthew 19:26)

"Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of His knowledge by us in every place." (2 Corinthians 2:14)

"For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them." (Mark 11:23-24)

"For thou wilt light my candle: the Lord my God will enlighten my darkness. For by Thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall. As for God, His way is perfect: the word of the Lord is tried: He is a buckler to all those that trust in Him. For who is God save the Lord? or who is a rock save our God? It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect. He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places. He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms. Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great. Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip. I have pursued mine enemies, and overtaken them: neither did I turn again till they were consumed. I have wounded them that they were not able to rise: they are fallen under my feet. For thou hast girded me with strength unto the battle: thou hast subdued under me those that rose up against me. Thou hast also given me the necks of mine enemies; that I might destroy them that hate me. They cried, but there was none to save them: even unto the Lord, but he answered them not. Then did I beat them small as the dust before the wind: I did cast them out as the dirt in the streets." (Psalms 18:28-42)

Your problems, your enemies (spiritual, we don't war against flesh and blood), your obstacles, your difficulties, your bonds, everything that holds you back or stands in your way, is nothing but dust under your feet when you approach it with God.  Your problems are nothing to God.

A few weeks ago I was praying about a house and God said, "A house is nothing to Me."  He didn't mean that He didn't care, but that what I see as a major problem is nothing with the power of God.  Then I started thinking about closing costs, you can imagine what He said about that!

Let's go back to Joshua and Caleb.  Remember that ten of the twelve spies were scared.  "And Joshua the son of Nun, and Caleb the son of Jephunneh, which were of them that searched the land, rent their clothes: And they spake unto all the company of the children of Israel, saying, The land, which we passed through to search it, is an exceeding good land. If the Lord delight in us, then He will bring us into this land, and give it us; a land which floweth with milk and honey. Only rebel not ye against the Lord, neither fear ye the people of the land; for they are bread for us: their defence is departed from them, and the Lord is with us: fear them not." (Numbers 14:6-9)

Your problems are dust.  They are your bread.  They are nothing when compared with God's power.  Only fear them not, and focus on God.  Don't you see the theme in these verses.  If God be for us, nothing can be against us.  The key is being with God and operating with His ability.

We must spend time in God's presence to learn His will.  He won't give you the easy land where nobody dwells.  He wants to give you the awesome mountain where the giants dwell.  You can't do it on your own.  That's the point.  In the natural it's not supposed to be easy.  But with God you can win every time.  God doesn't want you to do it without Him.  He wants you to do it with Him so you can see His love and power and grow closer to Him every time.

You are called to be a champion.  You are called to victory and conquest.  Look again at 2 Corinthians 2:14.  God you wants you to triumph always, so that others will always see His power and love in your life.  When they see it in your life, the will want it in theirs.  God wants us as examples of His glory and grace.

Now rise and shine.  Your Light has come.  The glory of God is on you, and you can do all things through Christ.  Lift up your head.  You are redeemed, justified, sanctified and made righteous.  You are now God's perfect Child, in Christ deserving of all God's promises.  Fill your mind with God's empowering and encouraging Word.  God is with you, and you are well able to overcome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Love Revolution

Looking At What Can't Be Seen

Integrating Your Christianity and Secular Personal Growth