God Will Provide

If you've been reading this blog you know that almost two years ago my former employer said that he was closing the business and I should consider new jobs. That time was difficult for our family as my wife was pregnant with our first child and we weren't sure what to do. Since that time we have truly endeavored to follow God's leading in all of our actions, especially concerning business and finances. It hasn't always been easy, but we've seen God mightily move during this season.

I basically practice law out of my house. God has supernaturally provided clients and opportunities so that we have experienced no lack, no not for an instant. In fact, we have more money and have given more to the kingdom than in previous seasons. All the glory goes to God. But honestly I don't believe I will practice law as I do today forever. I'm not exactly sure what I will do, but I know God will provide, and that's the point I felt led to discuss today.

In prayer this morning I realized that God has truly blessed us during this time. But this morning's revelation was different. There are other things I would like to do, but I've always been worried about money. I would think about doing something or working somewhere, but would then be faced with thoughts like, "how can I make enough money doing that?" But today I realized that, although law is a profession where one can make a lot of money, I have seen God's hand bring the money we needed, not my hand.

If God can bring money to me as a lawyer, God can bring money to me doing anything! That seems like a simple sentence, but for me it represents a profound revelation. Consider your job right now, do you see it as exactly what God has for you long term? If not, has a fear of lack kept you from changing direction? Look, I would love to say that I never fear lack. I would love to say that I move forward boldly no matter what my circumstances look like. I truly believe that one day I will, but today this revelation blessed me, and I think it can bless you too.

Say it with me, using your profession, out loud right now. "If God has provided for me as a (salesman, driver, farmer, whatever), then God can surely provide for me doing whatever God wants me to do." Praise God!

Matthew 6:33 is an awesome verse to stand on for so many situations. "But seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." God wants you to do certain things for His Kingdom. Your job is to seek Him, His righteousness, and His will for your life. His job is to provide for you. Why do we try to take His job? I know I've done it, sweating the bills, wondering how I can make money, but God never told me to do that. In fact, He says specifically that we shouldn't do that. "Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your Heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things." (Matthew 6:31-32)

We have to let God be God! I can't be God. I can't be my provider. I don't care how much money you have, if you are your own provider then you are living in lack. You may not see it now, but one day you will. GOD IS MY PROVIDER! God is my financial advisor, my work psychologist, my motivational speaker, my lead generator, my insurance agent, my everything. Sure, He works through people in some of those capacities, but He is responsible for my finances, not me, not anyone else. Glory to God. He will never lose my money; He will never let me go broke.

"The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing." (Psalms 34:10) "I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread." (Psalms 37:25) HALLELUJAH!!!!

We have got to stop worrying about money. I used to listen to rap music and I can constantly hear Snoop Dogg saying, "with my mind on my money and my money on my mind." Well that's all wrong and I need to get over that. The truth is, and go ahead and get your throwing stones ready now, God has my money on His mind. Oh that felt good to say, especially because I know it's true. I don't have to ever worry about money again. God will order my steps (Psalm 37:23), bless me with riches (Proverbs 10:22), and let me eat the good of the land (Isaiah 1:19) IF AND ONLY IF I am willing to do His will and I'm obedient to it (again, Isaiah 1:19).

I know God's calling me to a new place. God has blessed me with clients and cases and I love them and often become quite close to them. God may have me continue doing this, or He may lead me to something totally different, but God will provide for and bless me no matter what I do, as long as I'm seeking Him and His righteousness first. I don't care if you are a lawyer or a shoe shiner, God can bless you without limit. Because you are not you're provider, you are not limited by what you can do. With God all things are possible, and with God as your provider your provision is limitless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Love Revolution

Looking At What Can't Be Seen

Integrating Your Christianity and Secular Personal Growth